- CableSearch – http://cablesearch.org/ – an attempt for an user friendly search engine of already published documents from Wikileaks.
On the leaks
- HBGary Email Viewer (at Anonleaks.ch) – http://hbgary.anonleaks.ch/greg_hbgary_com/
- “Leaked Emails: Anti-WikiLeaks Security Firm Targeted Journalists” by Neal Ungerleider (FastCompanyl 2011.02.16) – http://www.fastcompany.com/1728259/leaked-emails-anti-wikileaks-security-firm-targeted-journalists
- A cache of emails leaked by the Anonymous collective indicates dirty tricks were considered against Salon’s Glenn Greenwald; the New York Times’s Jennifer 8. Lee and The Guardian’s James Ball also appear to have been monitored–they’re part of a “sabotage” PowerPoint.
- “Firm targeting WikiLeaks cuts ties with HBGary – apologizes to reporter” by Steve Ragan – (The Tech Herald; 2011.02.11) – http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/201106/6804/Firm-targeting-WikiLeaks-cuts-ties-with-HBGary-apologizes-to-reporter
- “A disturbing threat against one of our own” by Kerry Lauerman (Salon; 2011.02.11) – http://www.salon.com/about/inside_salon/2011/02/11/threats_against_glenn_greenwald_wikileaks/index.html
- “BofA denies connection to proactive tactics to silence WikiLeaks” By Byron Acohido (USA TODAY; TechnologyLive blog; 2011.02.11) – http://content.usatoday.com/communities/technologylive/post/2011/02/bofa-denies-connection-to-proactive-tactics-to-silence-wikileaks/1
- “Disgraced security firm asked Bank of America to fund anti-Wikileaks/anti-Glenn Greenwald campaign” by Cory Doctorow (BoingBoing; 2010.02.10) – http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/10/disgraced-security-f.html
- “Get Glenn Greenwald!” by Jesse Walker (Reason; 2011.02.10) – http://reason.com/blog/2011/02/10/get-glenn-greenwald
- “Private Contractors Plan To Protect Bank Of America From WikiLeaks By ‘Neutralizing’ Glenn Greenwald, Others” by Jason Linkins (The Huffington Post; 2011.02.10) – http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/10/wikileaks-glenn-greenwald-bofa-neutralizing_n_821510.html
- “Did Security Firms Pitch Bank Of America On Sabotaging WikiLeaks?” by Andy Greenberg (Forbed; 2011.02.09) – http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2011/02/09/did-security-firms-pitch-bank-of-america-on-sabotaging-wikileaks/
- “The leaked campaign to attack WikiLeaks and its supporters” by Glenn Greenwald (Salon; 2011.02.11) – http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/02/11/campaigns
- “Get Greenwald” by Yglesias (2011.02.09) – http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/2011/02/get-greenwald/
- “Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA… And ‘Attack’ Glenn Greenwald” – from the this-is-like-out-of-a-bad-movie dept (techDirt; 2011.02.09) – http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110209/22340513034/leaked-hbgary-documents-show-plan-to-spread-wikileaks-propaganda-bofa-attack-glenn-greenwald.shtml
- “Data intelligence firms proposed a systematic attack against WikiLeaks” (EmptyWheel; 2011.02.09) – http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2011/02/09/security-firms-pitching-bank-of-america-proposed-targeting-glenn-greenwald/
- “Tit for Tat and Hack for Hack” (Hullabaloo; 2011.02.09) – http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/tit-for-tat-and-hack-for-hack.html
- “Data intelligence firms proposed a systematic attack against WikiLeaks” by Steve Ragan (The Tech Herald; 2011.02.09) – http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/201106/6798/Data-intelligence-firms-proposed-a-systematic-attack-against-WikiLeaks
- “Wiki Rehab” by Evgeny Morozov (The New Republic; 2011.01.07)- http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/81017/wikileaks-internet-pirate-party-save – How to save Julian Assange’s movement from itself.
- “WikiLeaks’ Assange Threatened Lawsuit Over Leaked Diplomatic Cables” by Kim Zetter (Wired; 2011.01.06) – http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/01/vf-wikieaks/
- Just weeks prior to unveiling a giant cache of leaked U.S. State Department cables, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange threatened to sue the Guardian newspaper in Britain over publication of the documents, […]
After receiving the database of a quarter-million cables from Assange under embargo last August, the Guardian obtained a second copy of the database from a WikiLeaks insider without conditions — which led the newspaper to conclude it was no longer bound by a signed agreement with Assange that it wouldn’t publish the documents until he gave the go-ahead.
Assange, suddenly faced with having lost control of documents that WikiLeaks itself had received from a source, asserted that he owned the information and had a financial interest in how and when it was released, the magazine reports.
- “Amazon Cloud Not Big Enough For Feds and WikiLeaks” (SlashDot; 2010.12.29) – http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/12/29/1815238/Amazon-Cloud-Not-Big-Enough-For-Feds-and-WikiLeaks
- “Why WikiLeaks Is Unlike the Pentagon Papers” 9NYTimes) – http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204527804576044020396601528.html – Everyone knows that Daniel Ellsberg leaked top-secret government documents about the Vietnam War. How many remember the ones he kept secret, or why?
- “Why WikiLeaks Is Unlike the Pentagon Papers” (SlashDot; 2010.12.29) – http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/12/29/1417246/Why-WikiLeaks-Is-Unlike-the-Pentagon-Papers
- “Wired Responds In Manning Chat Log Controversy” (SlashDot; 2010.12.29) – http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/12/29/0644234/Wired-Responds-In-Manning-Chat-Log-Controversy
- “Wired’s refusal to release or comment on the Manning chat logs” by Glenn Greenwald (Salon; 2010.12.29) – http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/29/wired_1/index.html
- “Response to Wired’s accusations” by Glenn Greenwald (Salon; 2010.12.29) – http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/29/wired_response_1/index.html
- “Putting the Record Straight on the Lamo-Manning Chat Logs” by Evan Hansen and Kevin Poulsen (Wired; 2010.12.28) – http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/12/greenwald/ – belated attempted defense of Poulsen’s and Lamo’s conduct in disclosing Manning and attacking WikiLeaks
- “The worsening journalistic disgrace at Wired” by Glenn Greenwald (Salon; 2010.12.27) – http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/27/wired/index.html
- “FDL Manning-WikiLeaks Key Articles Table” by Jane Hamsher (FDL Action; 2010.12.27) – http://fdlaction.firedoglake.com/2010/12/27/fdl-manning-wikileaks-key-articles-table/
- “The Nixonian henchmen of today: at the NYT” by Glenn Greenwald (Salon; 2010.10.24) – http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/10/24/assange
- “The strange and consequential case of Bradley Manning, Adrian Lamo and WikiLeaks” by Glenn Greenwald (Salon; 2010.06.18) – http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/06/18/wikileaks
- “‘I Can’t Believe What I’m Confessing to You’: The Wikileaks Chats” by Kevin Poulsen and Kim Zetter (Wired; 2010.06.10) – http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/06/wikileaks-chat/
- “Wikileaks site unfazed by arrest of US army ‘source'” by Jonathan Fildes (BBC News; 2010.06.08) – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10265430
- “U.S. Intelligence Analyst Arrested in Wikileaks Video Probe” by Kevin Poulsen and Kim Zetter (Wired; 2010.06.06) – http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/06/leak/
- “The war on WikiLeaks and why it matters” by Glenn Greenwald (The Tech Herald; 2010.03.27) – http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/03/27/wikileaks
Contents of leaks
- “WikiLeaks: Panama’s leader pressured U.S. to help wiretap opponents” by Tim Lister (CNN; 2010.12.29) – http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/12/29/panama.wikileaks.wiretaps/
- “How WikiLeaks Just Set Back Democracy in Zimbabwe” (The Atlantic; 2010.12.28) – http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2010/12/how-wikileaks-just-set-back-democracy-in-zimbabwe/68598/
Related here: Information disclosure sites – https://eikonal.wordpress.com/2010/02/25/information-disclosure-sites/ | ACTA – https://eikonal.wordpress.com/2010/07/16/acta/ | Law vs Technology – https://eikonal.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/law-vs-technology/