Movie: Under our skin
A RI PBS is just airing a documentary from 2008 on the Lyme disease. I just never knew how scary the long term consequences of untreated disease are. It is essentially a bacteria related to syphilis bacteria, and has about the same comprehensive effect on all parts of the body/brain, with indications that in very long time scale causes ALS, MS, Parkisons, and Alzhaymers.
In the same time the movie shows to what degree the medical profession is corrupted by conflicts of interests, where the most influential doctors on IDSA are on payroll of insurance companies and/or own patents in research on Lyme.
- Movie home page – http://www.underourskin.com/
- Under Our Skin – Extended Trailer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxWgS0XLVqw
- ‘Under Our Skin’ Examines Lyme Disease Issues – Knoxville-area sufferers hope a documentary will raise awareness and alarms” by Jesse Fox Mayshark (April 20, 2011 at 10:51 a.m.) – http://www.metropulse.com/news/2011/apr/20/under-our-skin-examines-lyme-disease-issues/
- Under Our Skin – Lyme Disease Film – http://pilladvised.com/2011/06/under-our-skin-lyme-disease-film/
- “Under our skin: Lyme disease continues to baffle medical science” (Sjoreline Times; 2010.04.15) – http://www.shorelinetimes.com/articles/2010/04/15/news/doc4bc739a2cfcf2053544454.txt
- Amazon’s page of the movie – http://www.amazon.com/Under-Skin-Andy-Abrahams-Wilson/dp/B0032JRA36