- “Improve Your Focus With Distraction-Free Writing Tools” by Robert Strohmeyer (PCWorld; 2011.03.09) – http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/221735/improve_your_focus_with_distractionfree_writing_tools.html
- “Write Space Turns Word 2007 Into a Distraction-Free Editor” by Robert Strohmeyer (PCWorld; 2011.05.30) – http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/228982/write_space_turns_word_2007_into_a_distractionfree_editor.html
- “Writer for IPad Wants to Focus on Your Writing” by David Chartier (Macworld; 2010.09.22) – http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/206001/writer_for_ipad_wants_to_focus_on_your_writing.html
- “Defeat Tech Distractions” by Christopher Null (PCWorld; 2010.05.05) – http://www.pcworld.com/article/195672/defeat_tech_distractions.html – We are the Distracted Generation: Our gizmos and gadgets clamor for our attention, leaving us dazed and confused. Here are the worst offenders, and what you can do to reclaim your focus.
- WriteMonkey – http://writemonkey.com/
- Dark Room – http://they.misled.us/dark-room [Windows]
- WriteRoom – http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/writeroom [MAC]
- OmniWriter – http://www.ommwriter.com/ [MAC]
- Writespace – http://writespace.codeplex.com/ – a fullscreen writing environment for Word.
Microsoft office foolies
- “Five Microsoft Word Nightmares–and How You Can Fix Them” by Lincoln Spector (PCWorld; 2011.05.10) – http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/227558/five_microsoft_word_nightmaresand_how_you_can_fix_them.html