There is a set of sites and individuals that are arguing that the concent(s) of “privacy” is actually harmful and that any element of privacy leads to (at least some of) current society’s ills.
Instead, they argue that exactly opposite should be done: the complete removal of privacy, the full transparency about everyone.
- The Privacy Myth – Seperating the facts from the Hype – http://privacyfacts.blogspot.com/
- David Brin: “The Transparent Society” in Wired (issue 4.12; 1996.12): http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/4.12/fftransparent.html
- Bruce Schneier: “The Myth of the ‘Transparent Society'” in Wired (2008.03): http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2008/03/securitymatters_0306
- “David Brin Rebuts Schneier In Defense of a Transparent Society” in Wired (2008.03.12): http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2008/03/brin_rebuttal
- David Brin’s site: “THE TRANSPARENT SOCIETY, AND OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT TRANSPARENCY AND PRIVACY”: http://www.davidbrin.com/transparent.htm
- David Brin: “Three cheers for the Surveillance Society!” (Salon, Wednesday, Aug 4, 2004 12:30 EDT, Updated 11 January, 2010): http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2004/08/04/mortal_gods/index.html