We started this challenge 6 weeks ago. Some hints:
- Repeat the previous week (actually the two-week block) as frequently as necessary
- Give yourself enough pause between sets: if instructions say 1 minute, but you need more rest, take 2 minutes.
- Same is if you feel that you need an extra day in middle of a practice week – it feels that I can do more and easier after such a extra day of rest.
- If you do these in the morning the first several sets will hurt more that if you do the challenge in the evening. I guess it is up to not being warmed-up and stretched enough.
- If you are doing some other challenge, too, you may want to stagger the days, e.g. do the push-ups training on Mon/Wed/Fri and sit-ups training on Tue/Thu/Sat. The only downside of such combination is that towards the end of the week you are really temped to postpone one or another challenge practice, since your body may be aching for a rest day.
- The current combination that works very well for us to do both push-ups and sit-ups challenges the same day, by interleaving their sets. Do the first push-up set, than immediately the first sit-ups set, and do the first 1/2 minutes pause only then, etc.
- Official site: http://hundredpushups.com/
- 100 pushups training – http://www.100pushups.info/
- pushup test – http://www.100pushups.info/pushups-test/
- 100 Push-Ups in 100 Seconds Challenge – http://www.parttimepersonaltrainer.com/2008/09/05/100-push-ups-in-100-seconds-challenge/
- “Working Towards 100+ Pushups” at Iron Dungeon – http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/100push.html
- 100pushups – article at FriendFeed – http://friendfeed.com/100pushups
- Pushups logger – http://www.pushupslogger.com/
- Photos of some pushup forms at Flicker – http://www.flickr.com/photos/24175726@N08/
- Twitter feed – http://twitter.com/100Pushups
- 100 Pushups Workout with rings – http://www.ringtraining.com/articles/100-pushups-workout.html
- do 100 pushups – at 43Things – http://www.43things.com/things/view/56685/do-100-pushups
- Can I Do 100 Pushups? – http://www.lazymanandhealth.com/can-i-do-100-pushups/
- I 100 Pushups at ExperienceProject – http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/100-Pushups/12552
Local links: Fitness links – https://eikonal.wordpress.com/2010/02/10/fitness-links/.