- “Why Gladwell’s 10,000-hour rule is wrong” by David Bradley (BBC Future; 2012.11.14) – http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20121114-gladwells-10000-hour-rule-myth
- “Zap your brain into the zone: Fast track to pure focus” by Sally Adee (New Scinetist; 2012.02.06) – http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21328501.600-zap-your-brain-into-the-zone-fast-track-to-pure-focus.html
- “Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior” by Amy Chua (Wall Street Journal; 2011.01.08) – http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704111504576059713528698754.html
- Can a regimen of no playdates, no TV, no computer games and hours of music practice create happy kids? And what happens when they fight back?
- … What Chinese parents understand is that nothing is fun until you’re good at it. To get good at anything you have to work, and children on their own never want to work, which is why it is crucial to override their preferences. …
- book: “Bounce: Mozart, Federer, Picasso, Beckham, and the Science of Success” by Matthew Syed – http://www.amazon.com/Bounce-Federer-Picasso-Beckham-Science/dp/0061723754/
Related: On importance of practice – http://eikonal.wordpress.com/2011/01/11/on-importance-of-practice/